Better Days Are On The Way
Emil Bach House (EBH) and Lang House Chicago (LHC) are accepting reservations for your next trip. Say goodbye to cabin fever and plan your next vacation getaway from your home into ours. Our homes offer a true retreat for you and your family or close social group; comfortable indoor spaces that are thoroughly disinfected, cleaned and ready, as well as spacious outdoor grounds to relax and enjoy lake breezes. We are ready for you!
We have made many adjustments to our operations to help protect us all. We are doing all we can to prepare for your visit. Please review our GUEST EXPECTATIONS so that you can do your part to help keep us all safe.
Note:Please do your part by staying informed of all travel advisories, alerts, and including quarantine notices that may affect your stay, including but not limited to the State of Illinois Restore Illinois directives and the City of Chicago Be Safe program. We strongly recommend that you book your stay or event with your household or those defined as being within your safe social circle. If you are ill or have been exposed to COVID, it is your responsibility to cancel your travel plans. Please wear a face mask when entering and exiting the property and in all common areas. Facemasks will be provided for guests that do not have their own.
You can do your part by following the latest rules and guidance. Emil Bach House /Lang House Chicago are not responsible for managing your exposure to COVID or for the actions of you and your guests to stay healthy.
EMIL BACH HOUSE AND LANG HOUSE
• We are following all National, State of Illinois, and City of Chicago mandated requirements for reopening. Please check here for the most up-to-date information from the City of Chicago.
• We have a strict “stay at home if you feel sick” policy for all staff. Staff temperature is taken upon each arrival and shift.
• EBH and LHC are both five star, healthy and clean homes. We follow the EPA and CDC guidelines for use of approved disinfectants for cleaning. You can be assured that we have thoroughly prepared for your stay with intensive disinfecting and cleaning processes with particular attention to all “high-touch” surfaces.
• We are going beyond the recommended 24-hours between guests per room for complete cleaning and prevention of viruses, which is the new industry standard. (American Hotel and Lodging Association Stay Safe and Airbnb Enhanced Cleaning Protocol) – we have instituted a 36-hour block between guests for thorough disinfecting of all surfaces.
• Maximum of 10 overnight guests for Lang House Chicago and 6 overnight guests for Emil Bach House total.
• We also require a minimum three-night stay for new bookings.
• Check-in and check-out will be CONTACTLESS for the remainder of 2020.
• We will provide masks in both homes for your use as needed inside the home and for mandatory use in public spaces as per the City of Chicago.
• If staff are required to be on-site for guest assistance, six feet is required between unrelated guests and staff for social distancing.
• Magazines, pens and pads of paper have been removed from desks, as well as decorative throw pillows and blankets.
• We will provide a “cleaning basket” for guests to use for disinfecting during their stay, including disinfecting wipes, Lysol spray commercial grade, approved disinfectant spray for surfaces, paper towels, and rubber gloves. Every room is equipped with hand sanitizer and all sinks will have fresh hand soap.
OUR NEW GUEST ExpectationS
We are relying on our guests and visitors to help us maintain a safe environment at Emil Bach House and Lang House Chicago, and ask that you:
• Please stay home if you are unwell or have reason to believe you may have been exposed to someone with a confirmed case of COVID-19. We will work with you to reschedule.
• Please stay informed of all travel advisories and alerts that may affect your stay. Visit this website for the most up-to-date information from the City of Chicago. The order requires visitors from certain states and territories to self-quarantine for a 14 day period or the duration of their time in Chicago, whichever is shorter. If you visit Chicago from one of the listed states before your stay with Emil Bach House and Lang House Chicago, you will be required to follow this order.
Events at Emil Bach House
and Lang House: Precautions & PRactices
If you would like to tour the houses in consideration of a future event, tours are by appointment only – they must be scheduled in advance. Tours will be limited to two guests and one staff member. Please contact us at (773) 764-9851 or email@example.com to schedule a tour date.
Emil Bach House and Lang House Chicago will follow the directives of the Restore Illinois plan for social gatherings, as well as the City of Chicago’s Be Safe directives for gatherings.
• We recommend that you book your stay or event with your household or those that you have defined as being within your safe social circle.
• Please be prepared to provide the name and phone number of everyone in your party in order to comply with contact tracing requirements.
• For your safety, and the safety of all guests and our staff, during your stay no additional visitors are to be on the property. Only those guests on the guest list will be admitted. Should you have a special circumstance, please contact us to discuss at least 48 hours in advance.
• We ask that our event clients advise their guests to maintain 6 feet of social distance between unrelated guests and staff at all times.
• Staff will be wearing masks. Staff temperature taken upon each arrival and shift.
• Event guests, vendors, and all persons on property must wear a face mask other than while eating or taking photos.
• Facemasks will be provided for guests that do not have their own.
• Guest temperature will be taken upon arrival and prior to entry into the event.
• In the event that a guest’s temperature is 101.4 or higher, we will ask the guest to move to a separate space for additional temperature readings; We will request that guests with a consistent temperature above 101.4 or higher vacate the premises.
For a tour of the homes, please call us to schedule in advance. Thank you for your understanding and patience in scheduling. We will schedule when most of the entire property is available to view, which is dependent upon occupancy. Please call us at (773) 764-9851 to schedule a tour.
Management reserves the right to add to these expectations at any time for the protection of staff and guests.
Please have patience as we all adjust to these new precautions and protocols.
If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to call us at (773) 764-9851.
We look forward to welcoming you soon to Emil Bach House and Lang House Chicago!